Submission Guidelines and Suggestions
Submissions will be considered on a rolling basis. inside english appears during spring semester of each academic year.
- All manuscripts must follow the most recent version of The MLA Style Manual and The NCTE Guidelines for Gender-Fair Use of language. Spelling should conform to The American Heritage Dictionary.
- Only electronic submissions will be considered.
- If you submit a hard copy of your manuscript, you must either send the electronic version on disk or e-mail it to the editor. Be sure to include a SASE if you would like your manuscript returned.
- Digital formats accepted: Microsoft Word or RTF.
- Email electronic manuscripts as file attachments to the editor.
- Manuscripts received after the deadline for a given issue will be considered for the next appropriate issue.
Wondering what we’re interested in? Creative voices in English education! If you’d like some suggestions, consider these ideas or let them stimulate other topics about which you can write:
- The 16-week calendar
- Assembly bills that affect our teaching profession
- The teacher-scholar
- Classroom research
- Working conditions
- Multiple measures and placement tests
- Differential units
- Tenure review
- Learning outcomes
- Curriculum development
- Part-time teaching issues
- Teaching foundational skills
- Basic writing
- First year composition
- Business & technical writing
- Creative writing and its pedagogy
- Writing centers
- Classroom management
- New teachers
- Crafting a syllabus
- Communication & competency
- Technology in the classroom
- Teaching in CAI (“smart”) classrooms
- Guides to avoid plagiarism